Founded in 1999
Masiyephambil College is a private school that was founded in 1999.It is located in a surburban area outside the city centre. The founding trustees were concerned with providing quality higher education to the community. As a result of their hard work and vision the school stands today as an academic giant in the City of Bulawayo. This was despite the economic meltdown that engulfed the country soon after the school’s founding.
We are a co-educational multi-ethnic day school drawing our students locally and a few from the Sub Saharan Africa. Our priorities are to develop students who will become citizens with the social, intellectual and technical skills to fit into the global village. We have an average of 20 students per class. The idea is to give each student the individual attention they deserve. Students work according to their abilities with the gifted getting extension work that stretches and challenges them whilst remedial work is given to weaker students.
Let’s go forward, striving for excellence in education.
To enable all learners’ access to learning through the provision of:
- Differentiated, in-depth and cohesive learning programmes aligned to year-level content and achievement standards informed by the Zimbabwean Education Act.
- Highly effective teachers, focused on improving students’ outcomes, through their commitment to on-going professional development, quality teaching, evidence-based practices, coaching, mentoring and collaboration.
- A quality inclusive learning environment that is responsive to learners’ voices.
- Opportunities for community and parents to participate in learning and decision making partnerships.
- A holistic education that caters for academic, cultural, sporting, psychosocial and emotional development of students.
- Education that helps learners to develop the knowledge, critical thinking skills and character necessary to succeed in a technologically advanced world.
- Entrepreneurial and adaptive skills.
- Adequate child protection and school health policies.
OUR CORE VALUES
The idea is to give each student the individual attention they deserve. Students work according to their abilities with the gifted getting extension work that stretches and challenges them whilst remedial work is given to weaker students.
- UPHOLDING SPIRITUAL AND MORAL PRINCIPLES
- RESPECT FOR SELF AND OTHERS
- FREEDOM OF CHOICE
- TEAM PLAYER
We would like to thank the following organisations for working with us.