Car Raffle Draw Date Set
- 30 July 2016 has be finally set as the date for the Fun Day and Raffle Draw, the much anticipated date was finally approved and set and we are expecting to have a lot of fun. The top prize of the Nissan March as well as a weekend trip to the Victoria Falls and many more other prizes could be yours for the ticket price of $2. The day is set to have lots of food and drinks on offer as well as activities and out door fun, for young and old. Be sure to make a date with us for this fun filled event and raffle draw, you could leave the day a winner!!
University Of Pretoria Open Day
- Masiyephambili this year took a group of students to attend the University of Pretoria open day which took place on the 21st of May. Masiyephambili College is making connections with many of the local universities in Zimbabwe as well as Universities abroad. The open day was an opportunity to get students who have intentions of studying at the university a chance to go and see for themselves the endless possibilities offered by UP (University of Pretoria). Masiyephambili College already has many connections with universities in Europe as well as in the United States and are constantly building relationships to try and take students to the next level of their education. Although as small stepping stone the open day trip was beneficial to this years A -Level Cambridge students as the all came back enthusiastic and focused at beginning their new ear at UP.
Masiyephambili Student Excels to Nation Athletics Meet
- New comer to the college but no stranger to the starting blocks, Guest Sonono led the Masiyephambili track and field team to an array of medals at the Imbizo District Athletics Meeting held at White City Stadium earlier this year. The under 20 athlete brought home 2 gold medals for the 100m and 200m sprints, and ran the final leg of the 4 x 200m relay with Martin Manjoro, Michael Tsaga and Mzingaye Khumalo to win A silver medal for the highly anticipated event. Sibusiso Dube, Martin Manjoro and young female athlete Nkosinomusa Munyaka also towed the line and also got silver wear in their events, Gold for the Under 17 boys shot-put, Silver in the under 20 boys long jump and bronze for the under 17 girls hammer throw respectively.
- Guest Sonono progressed to the the Provincial meeting, where athletes from the Bulawayo and Southern districts were selected for the national finals. In this event the team of medalists put heart and sole into their performances but lacked the winning form except for Guest who did not fail to impress the selectors with a gold medal in the 4x200m and a bronze medal in the 100m. He later went on to the National Athletics meeting here he took 4th place in the 100m finals, 4x100m and the medley. We are proud of his accomplishment and hope he does better for the next season.
French Song Bird
- In the recently held Sing Your Way to France, a Masiyephambili College participant Sineculo Ncube wowed the judges with her near perfect rendition of a Celine Dion Classic,'Mon ami m'a quittée'. Sineculo was awarded second place in a competition that was open to the student population at large. Her placing put her through to the Finals which were held in Harare. Alliance Francaise the organise and run the event annually to try and develop French and the cultures of French in young students. In Harare the event was held in the rainbow towers Sineculo took forth place in the hotly contested competition. Speaking to Sineculo soon after the contest, she was a little disappointed having missed an opportunity to win a trip to Paris but greatly appreciated the challenge and opportunity she had to have made it that far. She hopes that more students would take up the challenge and possibly win a chance to explore France and the many opportunities the French speaking countries have to offer.